This is the “25 Points Program”, the party program of the NSDAP, translated by me.
National Socialist German Workers’ Party
- We demand the union of all Germans to form Greater Germany on the basis of the peoples’ right to self-determination.
- We demand equality of rights for the German folk towards other nations and the abolition of the peace treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.
- We demand land and soil (colonies) for the nourishment of our people and settlement of our population surplus.
- Only members of the folk may be citizens of the state. None but those of German blood can be members of the folk, whatever their confession may be. Therefore no Jew may be a member of the folk.
- Whoever is not citizens of the state shall only be allowed to live as guest in Germany and must be subject to foreigner laws.
- The right to determine the leadership and the laws of the state has to be reserved for the citizens of the state alone.
We demand therefore that all official appointments, of whatever kind, shall be granted to citizens of the state alone.
We oppose the corrupting parliament-economy of filling posts merely according to party views without consideration of character or capability.
- We demand that the state be obligated to above all provide the income and liveability opportunities for the citizens of the state. If it is impossible to nourish the total population of the state, then the members of foreign nations (non-citizens) must be expelled from the realm.
- All further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans, who have immigrated to Germany since 2nd August 1914, be forced immediately to leave the realm.
- All citizens of the state must have equal rights and obligations.
- The first obligation of every citizen must be to productively work mentally or physically. The activity of individual may not clash with the interests of the general public, but must proceed within the framework of the whole and for the benefit for the general good.
- Therefore we demand:Abolition of work- and effortless income.Breaking free from interest-slavery.
- In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice of life and property that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment due to a war must be regarded as a crime against the folk. Therefore, we demand complete confiscation of all war profits.
- We demand nationalisation of all businesses which have already (thus far) been privatised (trusts).
- We demand that the profits from large companies shall be shared out.
- We demand a generous expansion of old age welfare.
- We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation, immediate communalisation of the great warehouses and leasing them to small firms at low cost, the utmost consideration of all small firms in supplying the state, counties or municipalities.
- We demand a land reform adjusted to our needs, creation of a law for the communalisation of soil without pay for the purposes of public utility, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all land speculation.
- We demand a ruthless fight against everyone whose doing is against the common good. Common national criminals, usurers, profiteers and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.
- We demand substitution of the Roman Law, which is serving a materialistic world-order, through a German common law.
- To enable every capable and hardworking German to get a higher education and thus to move into leading positions, the state has to care for a thorough expansion of the folk educational system. The teaching plans of all educational institutions are to be changed to conform with the demands of practical life. The comprehension of the state concept must be striven for by the school (Staatsbürgerkunde; engl. state citizen lessons) as early as the beginning of understanding. We demand the education at the expense of the state of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.
- The state is to care for the elevating folk health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sport obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical training of the young.
- We demand abolition of the mercenary troops and formation of a folk army.
- We demand legal opposition to known political lies and their spread through the press. In order to enable the creation of a German press, we demand, that:
- all editors and employees of the newspapers appearing in the German language be members of the folk,
- non-German newspapers be required to have the explicit permission of the state to be published. They may not be printed in the German language,
- any financial engagement in German newspapers or their manipulation through Non-Germans be forbiddden by law and as punishment for violations the closing of such a newspaper company as well as the immediate expulsion from the realm of the non-Germans involved.
Newspapers which are counter to the general good are to be forbidden. We demand legal prosecution of an artistic and literary form which exerts a destructive influence on our folk-life and the closure of events opposing the perviously made demands.
- We demand freedom of religion for all religious denominations within the state, so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the decency and moral senses of the Germanic race. The party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and around us and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our nation can only succeed from within based on the following groundwork:
- Common good before self interestFor the execution of all of this we demand the formation of a strong central power in the realm. Unconditional authority of the central parliament over the whole realm and its organizations in general.The forming of state and profession associations for the execution of the government-made framework laws in the various federal states.
The leaders of the party promise, if necessary with their own lives, to support the execution of the points above without consideration.
Munich, the 24th February 1920
signed Adolf Hitler
Towards the fraudulent interpretations of the 17th point of the program of the N.S.D.A.P. by our enemies the following ascertainment is necessary:
“Since the N.S.D.A.P. is standing on the ground of private ownership, it is selfevident that the passage ‘dispossession without payment’ only applies on the creation of legal capabilities to dispossess soil, that has been aquired through unrightful means or is not administered considering the wellbeing of the folk, if necessary. This is primarely aimed against jewish property speculation societies.”
Munich, the 13th April 1928 signed Adolf Hitler